Position: Marktrack Data Analyst (contract)
Millennium Research Group (MRG), a Decision Resources Group company, offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the medical device industry. The Decision Resources Group family comprises of companies across the world that collect, analyze, and interpret information to provide insight across the healthcare industry.
The Analyst (contract) position is for the purchase dataset team within the Marketrack division. This team utilizes a large dataset to build specialized analytics on a variety of medical device markets. The analyst is expected to have an integral role in analytics and deliverable generation and to provide technical support on processes supporting this product. This team is responsible for utilizing this dataset to generate new Marketrack business. The analyst will be exposed to a variety of challenges during this phase of development.
- Perform regular and ad hoc analysis in a timely and rigorous fashion for both internal and external clients
- Work alongside project team to create deliverables and specialized analytics for MRG clients
- Mine for information both in internal databases and externally
- Handle large amounts of data in various environments
- Developing, implementing, and maintain data handling processes and project improvements
- Assessing the quality and accuracy of large datasets.
- Assist with presentation of research findings to clients
- Respond to client (internal and external) requests on an ongoing basis
- Basic SQL knowledge and experience
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Advanced analytical skills in MS Excel
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for quantitative and qualitative anomalies
- Excellent research skills demonstrated through the ability to learn new information in a quick and thorough manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to communicate complex quantitative ideas to internal and external clients (on a frequent basis)
- Demonstrated success in working effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize items effectively
- Proven project management: must be able to tackle a variety of incoming tasks ranging in timelines from short term (a few hours) to long term (several weeks/months)
- Undergraduate or Masters degree with a proven record of academic success in any discipline
- Solid technical and quantitative courses and/or experience is preferred