Position: Product Support Analyst (Publications Analyst)
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions.
With over 600 employees worldwide, analysts at Decision Resources Group companies provide the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Please visit us at: http://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Our downtown Toronto-based head-office has an opportunity for a motivated individual in the role of Product Support Analyst. This position is a contract position until the end of the year.
The Product Support Analyst will be responsible for the quality control of market research reports and other product lines. The Product Support team works closely with our market research analyst group and other internal departments to produce high-quality deliverables.
Talented analysts will experience numerous exciting opportunities during their tenure at MRG including:
- Learning about growing and dynamic medical markets across the globe
- Working on a variety of MRG product lines
- Interacting with different teams across the company
- Taking on leadership and management responsibilities
- Interpreting data and bulleted text provided by Analysts and translating them into carefully crafted and effectively articulated business writing
- Performing edits on reports, consulting projects, and other company publications to ensure professionalism and quality and adherence to house style
- Identifying discrepancies and spotting holes in logic between text and data tables
- Creating repackaging reports by pulling content from various existing reports, creating market overviews, and ensuring consistent formatting
- Assisting in data checking, uploading reports to the MRG Gateway, drafting press releases, and other day-to-day activities
- Undergraduate degree with a proven record of academic success (Business or Commerce degree an asset)
- Proficient in grammar and spelling
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven team work skills and a willingness to work with others both within the PS team as well as individuals in other departments
- Capable of working independently and making informed decisions
- Strong memory for detail and an instinct for recognizing patterns, creating categories, and organizing ideas
- Willingness to question assumptions, theories, and facts
- Ability to recognize what is missing in content, argument, or presentation
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills (must be capable of working with and analyzing data)
- Time management skills and the ability to multitask under tight deadlines and time constraints
- Strong initiative and highly self-motivated
- Ability to provide new ideas and adapt to process improvements and/or new technological tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with content management systems an asset but not mandatory
- Knowledge of medical device industry an asset but not mandatory